Social Difficulties Inventory
Social Difficulties Inventory (SDI-21) is a twenty one item questionnaire developed to assess everyday problems experienced by cancer patients.
The Social Difficulties Inventory (SDI-21) is a twenty one item questionnaire developed to assess everyday problems experienced by cancer patients. Responses to all items are on a 4 point scale ranging from “0” no difficulty to “3” very much difficulty. SDI-21 scores may be reported in three ways:
1. Individual item scores
2. Three subscale scores (Everyday living, Money matters, Self and others)
3. Social Distress (SD-16) score
swap_vertical_circlemode_editAuthors (1)Elizabeth Wright
- Wright EP, Kiely M, Johnston C, Smith AB, Cull A, Selby PJ (2005), Development and evaluation of an instrument to assess social difficulties in routine oncology practice, Quality of Life Research, 14 (2), 373-86
- Smith AB, Wright P, Selby P, Velikova G (2007), Measuring social difficulties in routine patient-centred assessment: a Rasch analysis of the social difficulties inventory, Quality of Life Research, 16 (5), 823-31
- Wright P, Smith A, Roberts K, Selby P, Velikova G (2007), Screening for social difficulties in cancer patients: clinical utility of the Social Difficulties Inventory, British Journal of Cancer, 44, 1063-35
- Wright P, Marshall L, Smith A, Velikova G, Selby P (2008), Measurement and interpretation of social distress using the social difficulties inventory (SDI), European Journal of Cancer, 44, 1529-35
- Wright P, Smith AB, Keding A, Velikova G (2011), The Social Difficulties Inventory (SDI): development of subscales and scoring guidance for staff, Psycho-Oncology, 20 (1), 36-43
- Hanif N, Dharni N, Smith A, Chattoo S, Velikova G, Bradley C, et al (2011), Translation of the Social Difficulties Inventory (SDI-21) into three south Asian languages and preliminary evaluation of SDI-21 (Urdu), Quality of Life Research, 20 (3), 431-8
- Ashley L, Keding A, Brown J, Velikova G, Wright P (2013), Score equivalence of electronic and paper versions of the Social Difficulties Inventory (SDI-21): a randomised crossover trial in cancer patients, Quality of Life Research, 22 (6), 1435-40
- Ashley L, Velikova G, Downing A, Morris E, Wright P (2017), Health-related quality of life in cancer survivorship: predictive power of the Social Difficulties Inventory, Psycho-Oncology, 26 (11), 1994-7
swap_vertical_circlecloud_downloadDownloads (2)Social Difficulties Inventory (SDI-21)SDI_2014.pdf*size: 526 KB, type: application/pdfSocial Difficulties Inventory (SDI-21) Scoring InformationScoring guide_subscales.pdf*size: 150 KB, type: application/pdfFiles marked with an asterix (*) can only be downloaded by users that have the appropriate product licence. The licence must be active and you must be logged into your account.