Accessibility statement - licensing.leeds.ac.uk
This website is operated by the Research and Innovation Service (RIS) at the University of Leeds, known as the ‘Fast Licensing Portal’, deploying the E-Lucid licensing platform for the University of Leeds IP Limited.
It is important that our website is as accessible to you as possible. For example, that means you should be able to:
· Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen.
· Have the text reflow on a single column when you change the size of the browser window.
· Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.
· Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software.
· Listen to most of the website using a screen reader.
For guidance on accessibility and adjusting your computer or device, please visit www.w3.org/WAI/users/browsing#point .
How accessible this website is:
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
1. Due to the scientific nature of some technologies available for sale to scientific audiences, language in some products could be difficult to understand for the general public.
2. It is currently possible to focus with the keyboard on three hidden elements of the mobile menu while using a desktop computer.
3. Filtering tools in the catalogue page and some form elements in checkout lack appropriate labels.
4. There is inconsistency on how some form elements display errors when the user enters incorrect information as some use browser modals and other use system modals which might cause confusion.
Point 1 concerns Success Criterion 3.1.5 which is a Level AAA requirement in the accessibility standard WCAG 2.1 and it is not expected to be satisfied. Points 2, 3 and 4 are going to be upgraded in the next design iteration planned for the 30 of November 2019.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
· call James Gibbons, Senior Commercialisation Manager on 0113 343 2087
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in with 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact: IT Services (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 0113 343 3333.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) .
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The University of Leeds and ULIP are committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 19th of September 2019. The test was carried out by UCL Business Ltd as providers of E-Lucid Express Licencing Platform.
It included the Homepage, About page, catalogue, sample product page and the checkout flow. The test was made using Google Chrome Accessibility Audit tool and checked manually against the WCAG 2.1 standard.
This statement was prepared on19th September 2019. It was last updated on 23rd September 2019.