C19-YRS (COVID-19 Yorkshire Rehabilitation Scale)
The C19-YRS (COVID-19 Yorkshire Rehabilitation Scale) is an outcome measure to capture persistent symptoms of Long COVID. The self-report version of C19-YRS gives a symptoms severity score, functional disability score and global health score. NHS England in its National Clinical Guidance (Nov 2020) has advocated its use in all Long COVID clinics being set up in England. NICE guidelines (Dec 2020) have also recommended its use for assessment of Long COVID.
Long COVID is a clinical syndrome of symptoms that persist 4 weeks after contracting COVID-19 illness. Symptoms include breathlessness, fatigue, pain, cognitive problems (brain fog), sleep problems, autonomic dysfunction, functional disability in daily activities and reduced quality of life. There are currently more than 100,000 individuals in the UK (and more than 4 million worldwide) struggling with Long COVID. This is set to rise in the aftermath of the current ongoing second wave of the pandemic.
The C19-YRS (COVID-19 Yorkshire Rehabilitation Scale) is an outcome measure to capture persistent symptoms of Long COVID. The self-report version of C19-YRS gives a symptoms severity score, functional disability score and global health score. It was developed by clinical academics in the Academic Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, LIRMM (led by Dr Sivan). NHS England in its National Clinical Guidance (Nov 2020) and NICE guidelines (Dec 2020) have recommended its use for assessment and monitoring of Long COVID.
Multiple language translations are available of this product. Please contact us to enquire.
For commercial use of this product, please contact us.
swap_vertical_circlemode_editAuthors (4)Dr Manoj SivanDr Mike HortonDr Stephen HalpinProfessor Rory O'Connor
- Sivan M, Halpin SJ, Gee J (2020), Assessing long-term rehabilitation needs in COVID-19 survivors using a telephone screening tool (C19-YRS tool), Advances in Clinical Neurosciences and Rehabilitation, 19, 14-17
- Sivan M, Taylor S (2020), NICE guideline on long covid, BMJ, 371, m4938
- Halpin S, O’Connor RJ, Sivan M (2020), Long COVID and chronic COVID syndromes, J Med Virol
- Halpin SJ, McIvor C, Whyatt G, Adams A, Harvey O, McLean L, Christopher Walshaw C, Kemp S, Corrado J, Singh R, Collins T, Rory J O’Connor RJ, Sivan M (2021), Post-discharge symptoms and rehabilitation needs in survivors of COVID-19 infection: a cross-sectional evaluation, J Med Virol, 93(2), 1013-1022
- Sivan M, Halpin S, Hollingworth L, Snook N, Hickman K, Clifton IJ (2020), Development of an integrated rehabilitation pathway for individuals recovering from COVID-19 in the community, J Rehabil Med, 52(8), jrm00089
- Manoj Sivan, Nick Preston, Amy Parkin, Sophie Makower, Jeremy Gee, Denise Ross, Rachel Tarrant, Jennifer Davison, Stephen Halpin, Rory J. O'Connor, Mike Horton (2022), The modified COVID‐19 Yorkshire Rehabilitation Scale (C19‐YRSm) patient‐reported outcome measure for Long Covid or Post‐COVID‐19 syndrome, Journal of Medical Virology
swap_vertical_circlecloud_downloadSupporting documents (0)Additional files may be available once you've completed the transaction for this product. If you've already done so, please log into your account and visit My account / Downloads section to view them.